Friday, April 16, 2010

Is it just me or does that bison look a bit strange?



I have to say this bison looks even stranger.




You may be wondering what is going on here. Well, work led me out to the Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne, WY. According to Sideshow, the ranch hand, they care for a variety of animals including the only seven camels in Wyoming (formerly nine, but they sold two). I would argue that they probably have the only seven camels in a larger region, but I'm not up on my camels per capita stats.

It must get cold out there for a camel in Wyoming. I wonder if they wear blankets in the winter.

In addition to camels and ostriches, I saw horses, goats, and alpacas, but, oddly, no bison. Sideshow said they also have the only known beefalo (a randy bison liaised with a cow). Of course, this led to carnivorous thoughts about how a beefalo would taste.

One thing's for sure, there's a reason Southern Wyoming has wind farms. Just ask this guy:


If the garden doesn't work out, this is my Plan B for the backyard:



Overall, it was an entertaining trip to the ranch. Thanks, Pard(ner).


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mothereffing long neck ostriches. How do they work?

iLuv said...

Haha! It's a mothereffing miracle.

By the way, I discovered a jugalo on my block. My neighborhood is mostly latino, so white people stick out. Anyway, he was on the down low... no psychopathic clown love make-up, but an ICP shirt.

Post a Comment