Monday, May 31, 2010

Carhenge- seriously!

Carhenge is the perfect place to pause during a long drive through Nebraska. It's quirky, it's free, and it offers the opportunity to stretch your legs after being cramped up in a car for a few hours. The sculptor certainly had attention to detail, recreating many features of the original Stonehenge.




It looks like the top cars are stuck in traffic on the car superhighway.



Is that the car from Harry Potter?




There are a couple of random sculptures next to Carhenge. This salmon is my favorite.

4 comments:

Karri said...

Wasn't this on TBTL once? Or am I just completely misremembering? Did you stop and spray paint TBTL on any of the cars?

iLuv said...

Haha! I didn't even think about it. Although, other people put graffiti on the cars and it made me kind of sad.

I can't remember if Carhenge was on TBTL or not... It sounds familiar, but I could be misremembering it, too.

XSUSHA said...

OMG! Our family went here once on a family vacation (Flandro style), there were hobos sleeping in some of the cars :) I'm glad to see that it is still out there.

iLuv said...

HAHA! It was too cold for hobos when I went... It warms my heart that the Flandros made it to Carhenge.

Post a Comment